Child Tax Credit Payments – please don’t call about these payments. You can track payments or opt out of the advancement at https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/advance-child-tax-credit-payments-in-2021.
Go for the Gold – Be a gold winner by opening a new checking account to earn $50!* This fun Olympic offer is only from July 23 – August 7, 2021! *One checking account per member. Checking account approval, at least 5 transactions, and positive balance on Sept. 3, 2021 to be paid the $50. Federally insured by the NUCA.
Cars & Cash auto special is back! – up to $300 cash and up to 2 point lower rate on auto refinances from other financial institutions.* Talk to a loan officer today to save money. The offer ends July 31, 2021. *Cash back is based on loan amount. 2 point lower rate, down to 1.80% apr or match. Loan subject to meeting all of TPCU lending guidelines; membership qualifications apply.
Texas and Beyond Photo Contest! - Photo entries can be from anywhere in the world. All photos need to be emailed by Sept. 1st, 5:30 pm. We pay cash to the winners! And children can participate in our contest! This year you can share a fun or creative photo that was a result of COVID. Click Here to get started!
Summer Newsletter is Ready – Please review the latest newsletter for news, promotions, and notices.
Annual Meeting 2021 – “The Great Adventures” of Telco Plus will be Monday, August 16th at 6:30 pm. The Annual Meeting event will be Maude Cobb. Please join us to vote for the Board of Directors and collect jars of peanut butter for one extra cash winning ticket.
Candidate Application – deadline is July 23, 2021. Anyone wanting to apply for a Board position, please contact Randall Pearson, CEO for the requirements and application, 903-753-5588.
Travel Notices – please set up travel notices for your Summer trips! You can call or send a secure message through Home Banking.
Vaccine Clinic – flu shots will be offer again in September, thanks to our neighborhood Walmart. We will have a date soon!
Website Trouble Shooting – If you are experiencing any issues with our website or applications, please try another internet browser. We recommend Chrome, Edge, or Fire Fox.
Student Loans - Get money for school from the Sallie Mae® Student loan program through the Telco Plus Credit Union partnership. Visit the student loan page for more information.
Mortgages – Telco Plus offers mortgages and now is a great time to buy! Rates are at all-time lows, house values are strong, and there is good inventory to select from. The best way to go about buying a home is speaking with a loan officer first. Getting pre-qualified lets you know how much of a house you can purchase and what your estimated monthly payment costs will be. Plus realtors love working with pre-qualified buyers, some even require it! Visit the Real Estate Page or by calling Elvis today for more information!
Scams – The newest scams are trying to use the confusion and fear of the recent events to steal your money or identity. During desperate times it’s easier to fall for scams. If you are not sure about an offer, call, or text, please call us to confirm. We are here to help!
- Advertising Scam – a new scam that pays people to put advertisements on their car. The scammers encourage people to deposit the cashier check for more than the payment offered for services and give back the difference in gift cards or money orders. The cashier check is a fake and will not clear!
- PayPal Email Scam - Some people have received an email stating “Your financial institution has submitted a dispute for your PayPal account. Please contact them immediately or click on link.” Telco Plus CU will not file a dispute until you have signed our dispute papers. Please be careful clicking on links!
- P2P Scams – criminals use Cash App, Google Pay, or other P2P to steal your money. Please only use these apps to send money to family and friends! There has been an 64% in these scams since March.
- Romance Scams – criminals often target dating websites to find their victims. They are smart and patient to gain trust before they start asking for money using P2P, wires, or direct transfers. Then they will start asking for you to deposit money and then send it to them, this could be money laundering. If you fall victim of a scam, please report it the police and talk to your credit union or bank immediately!
- Never cash or deposits checks, to give someone else cash back!
- Be careful opening emails and attachments! You might have to pay a ransom to get your information or the company computer system back up and running.
- Don't give out personal information, especially in emails and to people who CALL YOU. Always look up numbers, don’t use phone numbers provided.
- The IRS will not contact you for your account information. They are working on setting up a portal to enter new account information. Otherwise they will use the account information from income tax refunds.
Enroll in Online and Mobile Banking TODAY! - You can check balances, transfer money, make deposits, and pay bills for free! Call Member Services if you need help setting up your account. Longview 903-753-5588 and Tyler 903-597-4321.
Watch the video how to enroll, it’s really easy! Video
Follow Telco Plus on Social Media - We are on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. We play games for PRIZES, share tips, scams to avoid, alerts, and some humor to benefit our followers. Our mission is to help our followers make wiser financial decisions that lead to a better life.
Benefits of Telco Plus membership! Are you taking advantage of all of our services? We have free Bill Pay, Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Mobile Deposits, and a free Auto Shopping tool on our website. Please visit our website to see all of our services.
Refer your friends and family to join Telco Plus CU. After the new member has been here for 60 days you will earn $25.
Holiday Closing Times
New Year’s Day – Friday, Jan 1, 2021 & Saturday Jan 2, 2021
MLK Birthday – Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 & Monday, Jan 18, 2021
President’s Day – Monday, Feb 15, 2021
Memorial Day – Saturday, May 29, 2021 & Monday, May 31, 2021
Independence Day (observed) – Saturday, July 3, 2021 & Monday, July 5, 2021
Labor Day – Saturday, September 4, 2021 & Monday, September 6, 2021
Veteran’s Day – Thursday, November 11, 2021
Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 25, 2021
Christmas Holiday (observed) – Friday, December 24, 2021
Christmas Day (actual) – Saturday, December 25, 2021
New Year’s Holiday (observed) – Friday, December 31, 2021
New Year’s Day (actual) – Saturday, Jan 1, 2022