Drive Thru Only, Tyler Branch - due to busted water lines, the Tyler branch is only serving members in the drive thru. Shared Branch guest in the Tyler area can use United Heritage CU. When the branch is safe for members, the lobby will be opened.
The 2 Point Auto Refinance is back! – Jan. 1st – Feb. 27th you can refinance NON-Telco auto loans for 2 points lower, down to our lowest rate. Please see a loan officer to get a better deal! Some restrictions apply. Credit and membership qualifications apply. Your rate, term, loan amount, and payment may vary.
Annual Meeting has been Postponed! – The board voted to postpone the annual meeting to ensure the safety of our members. The projected annual meeting date should be in the month of August. We will make another announcement closer to the projected date.
Slim Down your Debt – Telco Plus has several loans options to help you consolidate your debt to save money on interest and pay it off! We are offering a 1 point discount on personal loans until Feb. 26th. Talk to a loan officer today for a tailored plan to meet your needs. Offer on 1 point discount ends Feb. 26th. Credit and membership qualifications apply, some restrictions apply. Your rate, term, loan amount, and payment may vary.
Tax Refund Ideas – Use your tax refund to build a stronger credit file. Your refund could be a deposit for a secured credit card, installment loan, and/or second chance checking account. Talk to Member Services or Loan Officer to see what mix would help you build good credit.
Scholarship $500 - Graduating seniors who are a Telco Plus CU member or has a parent who is a TPCU member can apply for the Telco Plus Scholarship! Application with video are due by April 30, 2021 by 5:00 pm. Full rules are on the application.
Student Loans - Get money for school from the Sallie Mae® Student loan program through the Telco Plus Credit Union partnership. Visit the student loan page for more information.
Construction – We are currently updating both branches with improvements to better serve our members. All construction should be completed by the end of January.
Cash Advance Fee $0 – Move your balances from higher interest cards to your Telco Plus VISA credit card and not be charged a FEE! If you don’t have our credit card you can apply through online banking. Visit the credit card page for more information and restrictions.
Home Banking & Mobile App Update - We have upgraded our home banking and mobile app. Please upgrade to the latest mobile app 2.5. There is a noticeable change in the look and feel of the new Home Banking, all current Home Banking functionality you are familiar with will still be available. In addition, we have added several new ways to view and sort your accounts and see pending transactions. The mobile app is also receiving updates but will look the same. You will be able to transfer money to other members, like you can do in Home Banking and see pending transactions and pending deposits. Pending deposits are “instructions” notifying us of a future transaction. We don’t have the funds yet, so please don’t call to ask if we will release pending deposits early. If you have any questions about this change, please call member services.
Mortgages – Telco Plus offers mortgages and now is a great time to buy! Rates are at all-time lows, house values are strong, and there is good inventory to select from. The best way to go about buying a home is speaking with a loan officer first. Getting pre-qualified lets you know how much of a house you can purchase and what your estimated monthly payment costs will be. Plus realtors love working with pre-qualified buyers, some even require it! Visit the Real Estate Page or by calling Elvis today for more information!
Scams – The newest scams are trying to use the confusion and fear of the recent events to steal your money or identity. During desperate times it’s easier to fall for scams. If you are not sure about an offer, call, or text, please call us to confirm. We are here to help!
- Advertising Scam – a new scam that pays people to put advertisements on their car. The scammers encourage people to deposit the cashier check for more than the payment offered for services and give back the difference in gift cards or money orders. The cashier check is a fake and will not clear!
- PayPal Email Scam - Some people have received an email stating “Your financial institution has submitted a dispute for your PayPal account. Please contact them immediately or click on link.” Telco Plus CU will not file a dispute until you have signed our dispute papers. Please be careful clicking on links!
- P2P Scams – criminals use Cash App, Google Pay, or other P2P to steal your money. Please only use these apps to send money to family and friends! There has been an 64% in these scams since March.
- Romance Scams – criminals often target dating websites to find their victims. They are smart and patient to gain trust before they start asking for money using P2P, wires, or direct transfers. Then they will start asking for you to deposit money and then send it to them, this could be money laundering. If you fall victim of a scam, please report it the police and talk to your credit union or bank immediately!
- Never cash or deposits checks, to give someone else cash back!
- Be careful opening emails and attachments! You might have to pay a ransom to get your information or the company computer system back up and running.
- Don't give out personal information, especially in emails and to people who CALL YOU. Always look up numbers, don’t use phone numbers provided.
- The IRS will not contact you for your account information. They are working on setting up a portal to enter new account information. Otherwise they will use the account information from income tax refunds.
Enroll in Online and Mobile Banking TODAY! - You can check balances, transfer money, make deposits, and pay bills for free! Call Member Services if you need help setting up your account. Longview 903-753-5588 and Tyler 903-597-4321.
Watch the video how to enroll, it’s really easy! Video
Follow Telco Plus on Social Media - We are on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. We play games for PRIZES, share tips, scams to avoid, alerts, and some humor to benefit our followers. Our mission is to help our followers make wiser financial decisions that lead to a better life.
Benefits of Telco Plus membership! Are you taking advantage of all of our services? We have free Bill Pay, Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Mobile Deposits, and a free Auto Shopping tool on our website. Please visit our website to see all of our services.
Refer your friends and family to join Telco Plus CU. After the new member has been here for 60 days you will earn $25.
Retirement & Planning Services - Come see Paula McCauley, CRPC Financial Advisor on Thursdays for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.
Holiday Closing Times
New Year’s Day – Friday, Jan 1, 2021 & Saturday Jan 2, 2021
MLK Birthday – Saturday, Jan 16, 2021 & Monday, Jan 18, 2021
President’s Day – Monday, Feb 15, 2021
Memorial Day – Saturday, May 29, 2021 & Monday, May 31, 2021
Independence Day (observed) – Saturday, July 3, 2021 & Monday, July 5, 2021
Labor Day – Saturday, September 4, 2021 & Monday, September 6, 2021
Veteran’s Day – Thursday, November 11, 2021
Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 25, 2021
Christmas Holiday (observed) – Friday, December 24, 2021
Christmas Day (actual) – Saturday, December 25, 2021
New Year’s Holiday (observed) – Friday, December 31, 2021
New Year’s Day (actual) – Saturday, Jan 1, 2022