Your Community Credit Union
All our services, rates, and fees are designed to benefit the members, not a group of investors. Instead of up-selling services to give out a bigger dividend at the end of the year, we manage costs year-round. Telco Plus offers a wide variety of products and free services, including the latest technology to make your life easier. Our accounts are federally insured for up to $250,000 through the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a U.S. government agency.
Discover how easy it is to join!
Telco Plus Credit Union was started as East Texas Telco Credit Union on June 26, 1951. It was started as a state-chartered credit union out of the garage of a Longview home. The credit union served employees of Southwestern Bell Telephone Company in Longview. The credit union grew through mergers and members referring their friends and family until it relocated from the garage to its current location. A second branch opened in Tyler in 1996. In June of 2023 the the third location and second in Tyler will be opening. In 1997, the board changed the name of the credit union to Telco Plus Credit Union to better reflect the expanded membership base.
Join Telco Plus Credit Union today! Some credit unions require their members to be part of a group but at Telco Plus the requirements are simple:
- You live or work in Gregg or Smith County
- Through family
- You work for any of our 100+ sponsor companies
If you are not sure if you are eligible for membership, please give us a call! As a member, you have access to low loan rates, lower fees, and free services like bill pay and our mobile app.
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Other information that will allow us to identify you
We will also ask to see an identifying document such as a driving license, state identification card, or passport. We do accept ITIN and Mexican Passports. Federal law, The USA Patriot Act, requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
Since Telco Plus Credit Union is a community credit union, we take great pride in supporting our community. Our wonderful, dedicated staff volunteers their time and raises money for several great organizations in our area:
We raise money every November for Longview PD and Tyler PD’s Project Blue Santa
We pick up trash for Keep Longview Beautiful and Keep Tyler Beautiful
We offer free Financial Education to local schools and a $500 scholarship. We even help our Sponsor Companies when they need extra hands to run events.
To help us support these great organizations, please speak to a staff member today! Be sure to follow our social media pages for our current efforts.
1. Donating cash at the teller line or drive-thru.
2. Buying Raffle Tickets from staff for “$200 TX Lottery Scratch Off Tickets” prize. Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20. The drawing will be on Monday, Nov. 27th at 4 pm. All tickets must be turned in by noon that day!
3. Tipping at the Eat & Tip on Tuesday, Nov. 21st from 11 am to 2 pm. Street Licious will be at Longview branch selling their delicious cheesy creations. All money raised that day would go to the Longview PD Blue Santa Project.
4. Donating $25 to play in the Cash Grab. -Longview on Giving Tuesday, Nov. 28th from Noon – 5:30 pm and Broadway, Friday, Dec. 1st from 10 am to 4 pm.
- The most recent Balance Sheet
- Income and Expense Report
- Annual Report
- List of board members and their terms
- Changes to the credit union’s bylaws and articles of incorporation
- Annual Audit
- Financial conditions
- Internal Revenue Service Form 990
- Membership size
- Services offered since the credit union’s last report
At Telco Plus, we produce a quarterly newsletter. This is just another way we stay in touch with our members. In the newsletter you’ll find important credit union news and announcements, as well as information on our current promotions and financial tips. Below you can view our most current issue, as well as some archived issues.
LOCATIONS & ATMs
Telco Plus Credit Union member’s have access to over 5,000 locations and ATMs to handle their transactions when one of our locations is not convenient. To find a CO-OP Shared Branch near you, please enter your zip code in the search box or use link in TPCU mobile app. Please be mindful that these transactions take a little bit longer to conduct since the sister credit union system is connecting to our system. Always verify that the credit union is still in-network before traveling to that location.
- Deposit and Withdraw Funds
- Account Inquiries and Statement Printing
- Loan Payments
- Loan Advances
- Purchase Money Orders and Official Checks, max $2,999.00 (prices vary at each institution)
- Valid State-Issued Driver’s License or Identification Card or Resident Card or Passport
- Your member number!
- Our full name – Telco Plus Credit Union.
- The last four numbers of your Social Security Number.
- Shared Branches cannot see your passwords.
- No third party checks will be accepted.
- Since services vary from location to location, check with individual branches before you visit for available services.
- Please see our Funds Availability Policy.
- Drive Thru and ATM Deposits are not always available to “Guest Members”.
We have ATMs located at most of our branch locations to better serve you. Because convenience is key you’ll enjoy the flexibility of accessing your money whenever you need it. Whether you’re across town or across the country, the funds from your accounts will be at your fingertips 24/7.
We are also a part of the CO-OP and MoneyPass Networks. CO-OP has 30,000 machines and MoneyPass has tens of thousands of surcharge-FREE ATMs from coast to coast. For a detailed list of ATM locations, please click on the logos below, or use the TPCU mobile app to find nearest fee free ATM. Click here to report a lost or stolen Debit Card.